Come work in the city that Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, NY Times and Airbnb have called one of the top cities to visit in 2020: Milwaukee! Sure, that’s probably because their algorithms are all screwed up from the gazillion people looking to hang out here for the DNC this summer… but still! We have cheese curds. beer, the Greek Freak and encased meats.
FM102/1 (WLUM-FM), one of the top alternative stations in the country, is looking for a full-time nighttime creative weirdo. We are independently owned and locally operated, with a team atmosphere and a collaborative environment. If you’re authentic, snarky, with a hint (or more) of self-deprecation, and you are willing to work hard to win, we want you to come to here!
• At least 3 years on air experience
• Knowledge and passion for Alternative music and the format
• Compelling and engaging social media and web presence
• Production/imaging skills a big plus
• Positive, team-oriented work ethic is a must
Please send your demo, resume, whatever else here: email@example.com
No calls please!
The Milwaukee Radio Alliance (the MRA) is an equal opportunity employer. The MRA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
(posted March 1, 2020)
The Milwaukee Radio Alliance is looking for Promotion Interns for our three very unique radio stations:
B93.3 WLDB-FM; FM 102/1 WLUM-FM; and 100.3FM and 1290AM WZTI-AM FONZ-FM.
An internship with the Milwaukee Radio Alliance allows college students to work in an innovative, progressive, fast paced and professional environment.
Students are exposed to all levels of the organization. Along with invaluable knowledge and industry perks for our interns, we work with area accredited institutions to provide course credits as possible. We also offer a flexible schedule to accommodate student needs.
● Promotion Department Duties
○ Assist with on site promotions including all aspects of planning, production and
execution of client events, station events and concerts
○ Execute proper technical and physical set-up and breakdown of events; ability to
troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
■ Set up and breakdown of pop-up tents, hanging banners
○ Act as a Brand Ambassador (Represent stations at events in an upbeat, outgoing
and friendly manner by interacting with listeners and registering people to win
● General Office Duties
○ Assist with Promotion Program
○ Brainstorm new ideas for promotion and events
○ Review promotional information and graphics
○ Assist with drafting material used for graphics, press releases, webpage, social
media and email blasts
○ Graphic Design Opportunities
** Additional learning opportunities can be made available upon request.**
[April 14, 2021]